Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Competition roll over bar for live axle car

thesheep

I have an old competition roll over bar from a live axle seven. Bar probably dates from the early 1990s. It has an extra bit welded onto the top. I think that was so someone fairly tall with a helmet on would still be covered. Feels very solid.

Here is a photo of it on a car.

For sale for £40. You'll need to pick it up from just outside Bristol.

--------------------------------------------------------

Caterham7Junkie.com

• 3 weeks later...

OK if someone would like this for free, they can have it. Come and collect. Otherwise it will have to become scrap metal...

If you have a live axle car and you take it on the track, but you only use the standard "road" roll over bar, then this would make your track days a lot safer. (I don't think you could use it in any actual competitions.)

Well it's really pretty heavy... like half of a roll cage. Sorry to be a bit useless but I don't happen to own any bathroom scales (being such a young, thin chap) so I'm not sure how I could weigh it either. Perhaps if you look online at the current model of competition roll over bars, they will tell you the weight as a guide.

I will PM you my address. Or maybe you know someone in 'the network' who could pick it up for you and carry on somewhere nearer?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I have weighed a similler roll bar that weight in at 15Kgs, I think the cut off is 20 Kgs so this should be OK. I will make arrangements to have Post Office or Parcel Force collect it from you.

If I arrange to collect it next week could you give me a time and date for collection. Is your collection address 7 The Avenue Blackwell, Bristol BS48 3NB

My Mobile No is 07802 778717

Would you send me your mobile number please.......you should have my address

Trevor Faulkner, 67 Saintfield Road, Ballygowan, Newtownards, Co Down, Northern Ireland. BT23 6HN.

regards

Trevor Faulkner