Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A Blatting Forum ?

anthonym

Having just posted a post about blatting on.. blatchat chat, I looked for similar threads and noticed that "chat" is perhaps not surprisingly crammed with chat. None of it anything to do with blatting.

TechTalk isn't the right place and nor is anywhere else to actually post blat (related) chat.

Seems ironic really.

The thing is that any blat related chat disappears/scrolls off the page so fast because of all the non blat related matter - which I also enjoy reading, but finding blatting chat is .. practically not possible because there is no common link to be able to find such threads.

Now I am aware most real blats are arranged off-campus for good reasons, but international stuff, which becomes of interest for holidays and trips away and those items which can safely be related online might encourage more similar sharing of wisdom if I/we could find it all amongst the huge amount of other traffic.

It used to be that O/T would be added, but methinks we need that now to mean "On Topic".

I have no desire to reduce our weight of chat traffic, just to be able to find blat chat when I am thinking about my 7 and routes and places and so forth and to be able to share the same.

Obviously if this has been mentioned before and/or there is a well worn solution I'd be happy to do whatever is involved. :-)

Anthony

I too, have noticed something similar.

Being in the midlands (South Leicestershire / North Warwickshire) there seems to be little on Chitchat about what people are doing blattingwise or meets locally. I know occasionally there is a thread, but you have to go back a long way to find a Warwickshire meet or Leics, Derby etc thread.

Is there any merit in considering another group of threads, i.e.

Chit Chat, Tech talk, Local Area etc and then in the Local Area part, you would have stickies for the AO's (or others) to post threads for their area. That way you would only have 15 or so (how many areas ?) threads, but each one would be a record for each area ????

Pardon me if I'm speaking out of turn being a newbie, but its a pain trying to find details of people who may have posted on an old thread about a meet