Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MoT Emission testing confusion

ziplobb

Ok

took my 2005 Roadsport in for MoT

tester says he cannot complete test & therefore its a fail as he does not know what to measure emissions to.

I bring back V5 at his request as he says it should be stated - its not. he is now suggesting that I need to SVA the car again in order to get this 'entry' on the V5 and therefore get an MoT. This is also most inconvenient from the Isle of Wight ...

now I know these things can be tricky but theis seems daft - I have phone the factory today and they say it sounds strange & someone ws going to call me back about it but never did.

I a now unsure as to how to proceed - any suggestions ??

Come to Wighblat 08 and have a slice of my birthday cake

Unlucky for you. This happened to me as my v5 doesn't state a value. The garage used the help on the MOT system/computer. They followed three pages to flow diagrams on what to do and the final box stated 'use the value from the v5'. Much swearing and ranting followed. They gave up at this point and skipped the emissions check.

Maybe try a different place?

Simon

that seems to be the answer but its far from ideal

this system should not allow something like this to happaen - its beyond the influence of the builder/owner & so the SVA & DVLA should make it so - its pathetic in the 21st century.

Oh dear, my log book has no figure either. Its booked in for a test in a couple of weeks. You'd of thought that a certain year / model would have a set figure. In my case a 2005 classic. Funny how they know what cat you come under for road tax *confused*.

Please let me know how you get on.

Good luck *thumbup*

edit to add - when entering various caterham registration numbers in dvla enquiry they mostly come up with 0% emissions.

Born again sevener

1st time around back in 1991 *eek*

Edited by - w7rren on 2 Apr 2008 10:12:26

Find a Caterham friendly MOT station for yor first MOT!

My 2004 Roadsport had its first MOT last year after being upgraded to 200 bhp with no cat. After informing the testing station that it would not pass an emissions test they completed the test on a 'visual smoke' only basis. It passed its second test yesterday on the same basis.

The first test sets the goalposts for the future so shop around to find a friendly station even if you have to travel.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

Agree with the 'Polisher' find a MOT friendly station for the 1st MOT - after that you'll have no probs.

I encountered a similar situation with my 1970 car when I tried to MOT the car which had been off the road for a couple of years.

Now it's no Probs, just take the old MOT with you everytime *biggrin*

Ok

well they hve issued the pass & say that they followed the flow chart further on the VOSA website

It seems to me that is no value is deeclared on the V5 then they could test whatever & pass it - they are not obliged to keep a photocopy of the V5 indeed its a completely automated system. I will need o go to the same testing stattion next year in order to avoid agro !!