Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Springs

Geoff Dixon

Am about to have fitted to my non wide track 1.6 K series adjustable platforms to the springs and to have flat floor set up. Car is currently fitted with 14 inch wheels running A032R 185/60R 14. Intention is to change the wheels to 13 inch once IO have the adjustbale platfomrs fitted. Currently the spring are the standard ones that came with the car. The front ARB is also the standard although I am about to change that for 5/8 inch one. Car is primarily used for road with the odd track day. Question - is it worth fitting stronger springs/ rear anti roll bar at the same time and if so what springs and anti roll bar?

Geoff, personaly I would forget the rear a/r bar altogether, but go for stiffer front springs, say around 220 - 250lbs, but be prepared to experiment, I would suggest that you can leave the rears alone for the time being.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you can alter your ride height at will though, say lower it for track days and put it up again later for the road, every time you move it you change all the camber, caster and toe settings which you would have paid so much to have set up when the car was flat floored, have it set up just once then leave it well alone once you're sure you like the feel of it with those settings. [unless you carry your own corner weight scales around with you of course!]