Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall flywheel

Marius

I noticed some time ago that the flywheel of the 2 litre HPC is a very fat and heavy one. The standard one which is fitted by Vauxhall in their road cars is much lighter, maybe even half the weight. Does anyone know if I really have to use that heavy lump wheel or is there any conversion to the clutch-mechanism to get that lighter flywheel fitted ? My engine-tuner laughed at me when he saw that flywheel...

There have been at least two flywheels fitted as standard to the HPC - one heavy, one very heavy. If yours is of the type where the clutch cover sits on a rim that is raised above the face that the clutch plate sits, you have the latter.

Two possible solutions - 1) fit a purpose made steel flywheel and suitable clutch 2) fit an even lighter race flywheel and clutch (not recommended for road use unless you are very enthusiastic)!

You can also lighten the original, but there is not that much difference to be made safely.

Thanks for your advice, Roger. It´s of great help to me. So I´ll have to arrange a special flywheel/clutch combination to get this sorted. One more point on the list of things to do. I wish I would live in GB, it would be much easier. Just idiots running around here in Germany....