Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ooh la la, 145bhp aux roues!

McBreadhead

Haven't driven it yet but my rolling road result earlier today for my 1760 xflow was 145bhp at the wheels. Je suis very 'appy. 😬 *cool* 😳

I know it's a bit meaningless but it's a damn sight better than 112 at the last attempt. This time it's got 34mm chokes, and an ECU it can communicate with, plus the throttle pot isn't reading half open when at idle! The tester backed off at 7,200 rpm when power was still climbing.... 😳

Just hope and pray it all holds together and drives like it should. Can't wait to road test it and will report back soon.

• Area Representative

Hurrah *thumbup*

Just back from hols and catching up on BC stuff (of course this comes before the 101+ things I really should be doing like unpacking the car....)

Nick - dare we ask which RR you used? Drop me a mail when you have chance between the delayed blatting times you have missed out on !!

Cheers

Nick

PS - Malcolm, I think there may be a run out possibly in a month's time 😬

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from hols and drove car yesterday and she flies. Tony Gooding at Redline Tuning tuned her following recommendation from Emerald.

He couldn't figure out what was going on when on idle the throttle pot was reading position 4 (in a range of 0 - 7 therefore reading half open). This accounted for massively rich mixture on tickover. Whoever had fitted carbs failed to notice the pot was loose and had moved to this 'mid' position which was crippling performance.

Car now pulls cleanly from low revs and spins happily with a steady increase in power. Doesn't stall on return to idle either. No dyno sheet readings but a 145bhp @ 7200 rpm (self imposed rev limit) at wheels max recorded. Will report fuel consumption in due course.

Only gripe is the old 30mm chokes were left on my pedal box housing which resulted in steering jamming when turning into my drive, sthg which could have been bloody nasty. Plus air filter nut came loose on way home; however I'm quite vigilant with these and check them during every journey.

For ref Tony is the guy who people like Ray Davies uses for his Goodwood race cars. Not sure if anyone else here has used him but I'd never heard of him before on this forum.

So a lot poorer but a bit wiser now. As a new boy to this it's very difficult to know who to trust in this game but I'm glad I persevered to iron out bugs and can now hopefully enjoy fruits of my patience. One thing for sure is that as soon as you deviate from any factory standard you are on your own - only real help is from blatchatters so thanks all for your kind words and advice.

So when's this N Wales blat then?!!!!!