Jump to content
Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is this upright nut used for?


Recommended Posts

As Ian says, the trimmed down nyloc is for widetracking when you use the spacer under the upright and on top of the bearing. You could widetrack without the spacer and use a normal nyloc. Or narrow track uses a normal nyloc, as you say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This nut looks like a "hank nut"  the turned down spigot is usually fitted into a hole, then swaged out to hold it in place in a thin substrate, ie, sheet metal, but that won't stop it being used in other applications, just be sure the material specifications are compatible. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...