Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Helmet regs

Delbert

Reading the safety bits it seems that there was a chance that a helmet to BS6658 A/FR may be with drawn 

Is that the case under the club regs and as way as a supplementary ( and not sure what to search for is a helmet with an MSA sticker from 2006 usable assuming no chips etc 

Hi Delbert,

Looking at p170 of the appropriate section of the MSA Blue Book (see link), BS6658 is not listed as being acceptable.  The required standards are listed and everyone has to follow those standards.  There must also be an MSA sticker attached (available from a scrutineer upon their inspection)

https://www.msauk.org/assets/156-195commonregulationsforcompetitorssafetyk-2.pdf 

Oli

Maybe I should re title the thread " Delbert's idiotic questions "

next being should I get the cage powder coated yellow , where do I get a timing strut ( no I cannot make one)  and do I have to fit Roundals and do I have one number for the whole series or different every meet? 

Cage, colour co-ordination? Totally upto you...

Timing strut, well if I can make one I'm sure you can *tongue* , otherwise pay Caterham an arm and a leg *eek* . Can email Blue Peter style instructions if required....

Roundels, not necessary just numbers of a contrasting colour. L7C has one number per competitor for whole season.

Hi Delbert, 

The only daft question is the question you don't ask so feel free to ask away.

If you are getting the cage power coated make sure that you contact the manufacturer for a replacement homogalation sticker before the powder coating in case the old sticker is destroyed during painting.

If you go down the Caterham route for the timing strut, then a trick to make the fitting easier is to fit two rivnuts to the rear channel to give you captive nuts.

Championship numbers are issued at the beginning of April once championship entries have been received and  are three digits starting with a 5, as Chris has said a Roundall is not required unless you have a colour which does not contrast well with Black or White, but some competitors do use them in order to provide protection to the paintwork. 

Thanks guys , now that I have committed I just want to get started 

i guess white on blue should contrast and I guess as I am going new helmet I might as well get one that excepts Hans to future proof 

Caged will be powder coating but I will remind them 

And especially to the private messages 

"Re Helmet regs " the only rule is don't look at anybody else's in the changing room" 

and 

don't touch anybody's without consent 

Well we won't go into sharing helmets and using a Balaclava

Know the feeling about wanting to get started, always feels the same at this time of year itching toready to get going.

Championship & Curborough entries should be open at the end of January.

don't forget to check your race suit is compliant as the older proban suits are no longer allowed and don't forget that you will also need compliant gloves.