Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Service recommendation in Essex

Midlifecrisis2001

I have just been through this process..I had a recommendation from an Essex area member to try Hilton & Moss, near Stansted. They did a terrific job of sorting my car out for me...balancing and servicing the carbs, gearbox, brakes etc. They have access to a rolling road facility and my car is running beautifully.. Excellent service, positive attitude, good communication and very knowledgeable about these cars(and other performance/classics etc). They were/are Castle Lotus but with the development of their company they have what I would say is the best car dealership/service area/showroom/restoration shop I have ever experienced... the cost was very reasonable in my experience too. Worth a visit whatever you choose to do. Call Ian. site address is www.hiltonandmoss.com

telephone is 01279 647776..

Hi..The Hilton and Moss facility is now in one place (including Castle Lotus) at Parsonage Farm, Forest Hall Road (on the right before entering Stansted village)on the Business Park site...very nice approach road/race track..

My car has a X flow 1700 engine mated to a 6 speed gearbox, it's a nice combination. I took it into H&M after it let me down on the A120 south of Stansted Airport, basically I had let the set up/timing/tappets/carb balancing etc get beyond my skills and H&M reset the whole car up..the H&M set up is a car fan's dream location..classic cars, new Lotus', very knowledgeable and enthusiastic people..spotless and welcoming..check the site out.

Having said what I've said, above, about H&M, Stansted Mountfitchet, can anyone recommend a similarly good servicing agent in Beds or North Bucks? The only one I know is Allon White Sports Cars in Cranfield. Admittedly a Morgan dealership, but when I called in they seemed very keen to offer 7 servicing.

Had you considered using CC at Dartford? They aren't that much further than some others being suggested. Or am I being naive? I've not had a service done yet (due in 2 months) I am in Southend and they would be my first thought - unless someone wants to put me right *smile*

The factory at Dartford is very good..but it's in Dartford and the bridge/tunnel is not always a good experience..too much traffic and carbon dioxide..there's the fuss of paying (queuing often) and when you arrive there is nowhere to wait or entertain yourself..getting there and back is difficult because of the crossing..the work on your car will always be good (it's always been so for me) but the place lacks any atmosphere (passion)...my advice would still be H&M..for what it's worth...you can blast up the A120 or use the old A120 through grat Dunmow and Takely..much more the route for a Seven...

Caterham at Dartford are now offering a drop off and pick up service for customers to Bluewater as well as saying they have a new customer waiting area.

I have booked my car in for a flat floor session next Wednesday at half the price I have been quoted elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...