Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel loss through tank breather…

Bullitt

I got the bits from Caterham and did the mod after being black flagged for dropping fuel at a Taffia track day at Llandow. The part you linked to looks like the one I have; I don't think it was quite that price in 2008....

Very straightforward job to do.

I think(!) the valve is present in the charcoal cannister piping from memory? I think that is wher I got mine from. Pretty sure its a rover part....local scrappy? Could even find its ay into your pocket?! 😳

• Area Representative

There are some here but all seem quite expensive. I bought a valve from Car Builder Solutions for £9.60 although I am not sure if it totally seals like some of the others claim?CBS Catalogue

Nick

Of course don't do what CC did on my car. The breather valve is already installed as part of the kit when it is delivered. In my case it was the wrong way around. *nono* This caused my tank to implode!! *eek* My fully built and just IVA'd car had to then go back to the factory for a new tank to be fitted so was off the road for another week or so.

Not that anyone here would do such a thing of course *wink*

*confused*

Always curious I have just had a look under the car and don't seem to have one.

Tube is just hanging free. Should I be 😳 or just not worry about it as I don't race *mad*

Edited by - Andy Lef on 4 May 2011 17:20:25

Quoting Bullitt: 
Quoting Andy Lef: 
*confused*

Always curious I have just had a look under the car and don't seem to have one.

Tube is just hanging free. Should I be 😳 or just not worry about it as I don't race *mad*

I think it makes sense... I've lost much fuel on the last trackdays… and an accident could be a problem too 🙅🏻‍♂️

The one way valve is secured to the bottom of the plywood floor on the right hand side and can break at this point leaving an open ended tube.

The mod shown still uses the oneway valve but does away with the charcoal canister.

John