Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HPC Ride Height advice - UPDATE

finmac

Well I have changed my wide CXRs (245/50 rears) for smaller Anthracite 8 spokes (205 rears). Output being ride height has dropped by nearly 2"'s and is now way too low.

I have a freestyle set up - Springs/dampers and adjustable ARB, car is wide track.

Looking for some advice as to a sensible starting point for front and rear ride heights please (car is primarily driven on road). Also where to measure the heights from on the car please?

I take it if I jack the car up and take the weight off the suspension its easy enough to adjust the spring platforms?

cheers

Edited by - finmac on 23 Apr 2011 20:18:35

Blimey 2" drop *eek*

Anyway, basic ride height setting is front 140mm measured on the chassis rail in front of the pedal box. Rear 155mm measured in front of the rear wheel arch- the rear should be 15mm higher than the front.

Most people aim to set the lower front wishbones parallel to the ground but look for approx 70-80mm under sump.

Dampers should be easy enough to adjust.

Had another look this afternoon - sump at lowest point is down to 50mm or so, no chance of rolling a bottle of wine under it!

The other potential issue is the front spring platforms seem quite high already - so not a lot of space for further compression - probably 2cm MAX, any issues with compressing the spring so much?

Help please!!

Edited by - finmac on 23 Apr 2011 20:19:15

I take it if I jack the car up and take the weight off the suspension its easy enough to adjust the spring platforms?
Yes !

Once car lifted and secured, you can use the proper c-spanners (pair), or a pair of stubby crosshead screwdrivers to crack the locking rings apart, then one to turn as required before locking them up afterwards.