Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV starter kit / builds please help!!!

G I5LES

I sold my caterham last year due to moving house etc etc. I have missed the car loads and I am now thinking of buying a SV, & before you say anything I am 6.4 and the standard car was more a matter of I had to have one than I actually fitted in one!

I am desperate for information on builds prices especially starter kits as the times I have spoken to caterham variences effect prices dramatically.

Also in what order do i buy the starter kits.

G 15LES (Needs a home)Thanks Grant Isles

Hi Grant, if you're stll living in Somerset, then give me a call. One of the Som & Wessex members, who lives in Taunton built an 1800 SV at the end of last year, so I would be pleased to put you in touch, so you could find out more from him. Get my number out of the back of Low Flying if you haven't already got it.

Come to think of it, we've got our monthly meet on Thursday at the Raleghs Inn on Exmoor, so it's quite likely that he'll be there if you want to come on over.

Grant,

Drop me a line. I have a register of SV owners, some of whom have self built their cars. I will forward a couple of names etc over to you.

Paul,

Please pass on my information - Email etc to your sv owner, as I would like to invite them to 'register' also.

Regards,

Martin

• Support Team

grant

i built one over the winter, 1.8k roadsport.

not sure about the starter kit method though. I did think, a number of times during the build, that its helpful to have all the bits there because its not always easy to know whether or not you have (or should have if you*re going down the starter route) the bit that the manual is telling you to fit. I had a few (not many) bits missing and there isn*t a list of all the bits with each box of bits.

give me a call if you want a chat. 07909 976638

rob

The recomendation I got is to steer clear of the starter kits. THey really don't make the sense that they used to. If you go this route you spend an extra couple of K and don't have the car for ages. Do the finance thing get it now and you will get more fun out of it! I beleive Caterham don't buy Starter kits back in normally so they would probably be worth less when sale time comes (after you contract upgradeitus).

Thanks everyone!

I thought the starter route was proberaly a bad idea, however practacle it sounds.

It just seems a lot more easy to justify to the other half especially when she wants me to by a elise.

I have decided on spec but not colour due to no carbon avaliable for SV. I was going to go down the natrual route. I guess its black and silver again!

Thanks Paul, now I am back off evenings I will try to make it down to see you, howerver I doubt the drive is as good in the golf. Has any of the SV register members got a online build diary?

Whats your experience of the SV been apart from bigger????

Grant Isles

Grant Isles

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the process of building a 1.8 SV and would be happy to share experiences if you want to contact me. I'm in Taunton - haven't made contact with the Somerset & Wessex group yet though (sorry Paul).

The Mole - it's better than being a rat

Blimey, two SVs' in the same town - what colour is yours Mole? I'd better know so that I can tell you and Dave apart! Now if you only had a 21, then no one would know what it is......

Give me a ring some time, number in Low Flying. Our next meeting will be on Thursday 4th July at The Raleghs Inn, Raleghs Cross on the edge of Exmoor, it would be great if you could come with or without Seven.

Red 245bhp Vauxhall powered 21

[Now For Sale]

Ally body with BRG nose and wings (the car, not me - I don't have wings and I'm not planning on getting any just yet!)

I don't think I can make 4/7 but the August meeting looks more of a possibility (assuming it is 1/8). I should have the car on the road by the September meeting. It may even have stopped raining by then!

Do you have any idea how Grant is getting on - he hasn't responded to my posting.

I'll give you a call soon.

The Mole - it's better than being a rat