Jump to content
Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is a petty strut?

Anthony A

Recommended Posts

It's a bar that starts near the passengers left knee and bolts to the roll over bar rear support. It was first used by Richard Petty in stateside racing, hence the name. It adds more strength to the roll over protection


Edited by - ECR on 19 May 2008 20:40:17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Twenty dollars; same as downtown!" 😳


Sorry, that's a punch line to an old joke - I simply couldn't resist.


It is a bolt-on steel strut that attaches to the top of the roll bar and extends to down inside the passenger footwell, triangulating the roll bar load path.


*smile* Sean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is either:


a large piece of metal that comes with a range of bolts that don't fit and that sits in the garage and never gets used.




A removable metal brace that bolts to an FIA rollbar above/through your passenger's head and to the chassis near the front of the passenger doorway. Can be a requirement for sprinting?



-----And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by


Edited by - Dick Whittington on 19 May 2008 20:44:57

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks, and what about the side intrusion bar, ive seen a car for sale advertised as having one but its unclear where it fits and whether its permanent. I know its a safety feature but if its on the outside of the car its not very attractive.


Is it a removable item without leaving bolt holes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...