Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Newbie Arm rest question

TheManAlive

Am at the stage in my build where I have just put the hood on for the first (and probably last!!) time and have fitted the doors. ITs an SV Roadsport, so comes with the arm rests. Unfortunately there is nothing in the manual about these things. After some searching on this forum I have heard mention of escutcheons (new word on me!)

Is this one?

http://picasaweb.google.com/RajaElAsmar/BuildProblems/photo?authkey=XF6fcKlcEaM#5201359568702446674

If so, I am guessing I should have put it in when riveting up the cockpit sides (thanks for mentioning that in the manual Caterham!!).

Whilst here, how do I drill out a rivet? Is it just a case of drilling with a smaller diameter drill through the middle? Wont the back part fall into the gap in the skin (and rattle for evermore?!)

Thanks.

TMA

ps with weather like this, its rather fitting to be putting on the weather gear!!

pps My first trip will be to softbitsforsevens for that half top!

That is indeed the bit of metal you need. I remember how annoyed I was when I got to that stage and realized that the rivets needed drilling out again.

You can drill them out by using a slow, smaller drill bit - they are quite soft and come out fairly easily. There is a risk of bits falling inside the chassis tubes though.

Vip

Wont the back part fall into the gap in the skin (and rattle for evermore?!)

Yes and??

Do you seriously imagine in a se7en you are going to hear the tiny head of a rivet rattle 🤔

Me thinks if you imagine it;s that quiet a car YOU have bought the wrong toy It's a RR Phaeton you need you can hear the clock ticking in that.

😬 😬 😬 😬

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

Thanks for all the advice. I have put off doing the arm rests till tomorrow. Cant believe that its not mentioned anywhere in the manual!!

Johnty *biggrin* I have VERY good hearing!!!

Seriously, you make a very good point.I guess I'm just a perfectionist who hates ANY rattle!

Edited by - TheManAlive on 17 May 2008 20:47:40

I guess I'm just a perfectionist who hates ANY rattle!

Man are you in for an attack on your hearing *eek*.........Many drive with earplugs in 😬

Start preparing for THE WORDS "Is this sound Normal" and the reply will be "TADTS"

😬