Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Millwood Rear Arch Protectors

Foggy

Just about to order some of Millwoods carbon wraparound rear arch protectors and wondered if anyone could offer any advice on fitting?

Have read read threads suggesting riveting in the 4 corners (so to speak) but has anyone tried bonding them staright to the arch? Just a thought *wavey*

Foggy the Silver Seven !!

I have a set of Millwoods that I will be installing on CC carbon fibre rear wings. (Unfortunately the direction of the cf weave does not match between protector and wing!).

I am going to install mine with the rubber beading around the edges (except where wing and protector meet the body), and with small black stainless steel button-head cap screws and nuts spaced around in the same intervals as the standard CC wing protector.

I decided not to bond the protector to the wing, to make disassembly easier for eventual re-painting (clearcoat), etc.

Alaskossie

HI have fitted these both ways, with rivets and rubber beading first and then (after a wing was torn off) the second time with silicone sealer and I must agree with Rob the silicone does do a neater (granted permanent) job.

Millwoods website is here

And there is a picture of some on a car here 😬

Every car I can find on a brief tour of the web appears to show them stuck on in one form or another and as that method is recommended as the neater option, I think that's the way I'll go.

Thanks people 😬

*arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup*

Look great!! *cool*

Out of interest, did you think the rivets were neccessary to get a flush fit or were the rivets and the edging more from a security/cosmetic view point? Only ask as although Jon is sending out some black rivets I am tempted to bond them on. Talking of which

Expecting mine to be delivered within next few days! 😬

The rubber edging was more for cosmetic reasons - plus Mike (my other half) happened to have some lying around at work along with the black rivets!

We didn't actually consider bonding the protectors on as we thought the rivets would be enough, and the rubber edging would provide a decent seal where they meet the body.

Heather