Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR200 Diff ratio

Petrolhead

I seem to recall that the standard (or "performance") CC rear ratio for the 6-speed was 3.9:1, while 3.62:1 was what CC calls their "touring" option.

I do know that the 3.38:1 ("super-touring"?) ratio that Alex Wong and I have opted for is a special-order item at considerable extra cost..... (and by some accounts, difficult to find).

There is also a very scarce 3.14:1 rear ratio built for the Sierra differential -- the "super-duper touring" option, perhaps??

Alaskossie

The 3.38 should be standard on all CSRs unless specified differently by the buyer, but I believe there was talk that some may have been supplied with one of the more standarard ratios in error. I wonder if CC will be able to check their build and supply records for your chassis number and tell you what was supplied?

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

I am running 245/40x15 CR500s

On std narry cars the 3.92 was used with the 5 speed as it had an over driven 5th and the 3.62 was used with the 6 speed.

The origional CSR broshure states the 6 speed should have the 3.38 and the 5 speed the 3.92

Acording to gearcalc at 80mph with the 3.38 diff I should be doing 4000 rpm so I need to double check my speedo

-----My site-----

• 3 weeks later...