Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuse Identification (2010 Superlight R400 Stack Dash)

spiderlane

Hi 

I wonder if anyone can help me identify the fuses on my car? 

Here is the fuse box :

23787241929_66783e49d8_c.jpg

But it doesn't bear any relation to the fuses shown in the wiring diagram or the owners manual (for example I know for a fact that the bottom 10 amp fuse on my car is the windscreen wipers)

23528285133_af93d098b7_c.jpg

Anybody ideas? Car is a 2010 R400 with the Superlight dash (Savage Motorsport switches) and Stack.

Cheers

Mark

A puzzle indeed, Mark.  Is your car factory-built? Have you had it from new?

I've just checked my fuseboard (2008 R400D, standard dash) and the fuses match exactly your list from the handbook:

Fuses_Dscn0047.jpg.b78bc76018158dc9dd778c1155b8b166.jpg

By the look of it, your fuseboard has a sixth relay, plus associated fuses. Another puzzle.  How many of each do you actually have? 

Also, your relays are fitted the other way round to mine (with tabs at the front).

According to the Assembly Guide, both standard and Stack R400s have the same fuseboard.  

It's almost as though you have a (bastardized?) Sigma fuseboard and relays (21 fuses and 7 relays)! 

JV

Thanks, that owners manual is different from the one they gave me with the car (!)

However it still doesn't match. The number of fuses is correct (18) but the identifications don't match still. 

I know for fact that the power socket on my car is at position R (My keyless immobiliser has it's own inline fuse). And the ratings of the others are nothing like mine. 

The mystery conitnues!

24185514812_2c0f433f63_c.jpg

============ original post =========

Hmm.. my confidence above was based on thinking it was more like this:

Edit --- original image removed based on John's suggestion below -----

because:

- a 'Wehrle 201 101' is the flasher unit

- the fuses match on the bottom half

but...

I started comparing at the bottom and didn't compare the top! 

=========================

New image with the top half of fusebox rotated 180 degrees, so the ratings now match.

modern_cat_fuses.jpgmodern_cat_fuses.jpg??raw=1modern_cat_fuses.jpg?raw=1

In Dr S's diagram, "A" to "I" match ratings-wise, and Mark confirms "I" = wash/wipe. 

If you reverse the sequence "J" to "R", the ratings match there too (well, all except "R", which is not visible in Mark's photo).  Could that be the answer?

(Mark, is your topmost fuse 5A?)

JV

• 2 weeks later...

Great detective work Dr S and JV, you've got it! My top fuse is actually 7.5A but it's definitely the immobiliser, so I'll put that down to an anomaly. 

So to put this to bed, on my car (a 2010 R400 with push button dash) the fuse identifications are as in Dr Slotter's diagram.

I've created an ident sheet and stuck it to the car. 

24438128176_6c6ebfed10_c.jpg

24381891851_673ddf56c1_c.jpg

If anyone wants a copy of the diagram you can get it here -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13589857/Caterham%20R400%20Fuse%20Layout.graffle.pdf

You want to print it so that the diagram on the first page is 194mm high. 

Thanks all of you for your help and ideas. Hopefully this will help someone in the future. 

Cheers

Mark