Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Csr 200 ulta light flywheel

Bigape

Good evening,

Im probably going to have a new clutch soon  so i was pondering wether to change the fly wheel for a lightened fly wheel or a ultra light fly wheel ,  while the clutch is replaced any one got any thoughs ?- is it worth it , for and against ? or just keep it as standard, it runs very well and smooth at present having     been set up with Northampton motor sport a few years ago and produces 217 hp. ( quite quick enough for an old un !) 

Mainly used for touring, thanks in advance 

Hi, started from a different position I.e. 150 SV Roadsport. Not fast enough for touring two up particularly overtaking. Went with Premier Power F175 conversion with a super light flywheel. The combination made a huge difference. I've always thought 200 bhp is the right number for touring two up. The torque and the power you have might not need the lightest of flywheels unless you are up and down the box all the time doing quick overtakes. It does have a down side of making driving through a town in slow traffic a bit more of a challenge, a different master cylinder can improve this. Living in Scotland where we do, "traffic" is something we have to look up in the dictionary. Recommend you drive someone's car with a super light flywheel first. Very pleased with mine overall.

If your looking for superb flywheels look at TTV, they also now offer there own lightweight clutch cover set up to replace the AP version, compatible with organic or cerametallic plates.  

http://ttvracing.com/clutch-types/ttv-racing-caterham-215mm-clutch/

compatible flywheel

http://ttvracing.com/product/ford-duratec-2-0-2-5-i4-215mm-supalite-race-ap-clutch/?referrer=product-listing&iframe=true&width=80%&height=100%&type=flywheels&engine=ford-duratec-2-0-2-5-i4&manufacturer=ford

DT often have promo codes on ebay for TTV flywheels too,

I don't know too much about the CSR 200 and how it feels stock. Or how heavy your flywheel and clutch are! But I also had Sir Stuart Cresswell of Premier Power convert my car including a ultra-weight flywheel and clutch (F160 in my case) and can't recommend it enough. Its transformed the character of the car, removing about 7KG of rotating mass - which had a magical effect on response. It doesn't' effect power of course, but it feels like it does! My power gains came from his other magical tricks (cams, springs, injectors, new map etc)

With 217 Bhp your car is already pretty powerful vs mine. But I'd highly recommend a call to Preimer Power. Stuart won't give you a hard sell, but he will give you an honest opinion on the matter and if its right for what you like to do with your car, and how you like to drive. If you're near Lemington Spa, drop in and have a face to face chat. A great little workshop and a fabulous team...