Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2010 140bhp Sigma Supersport

paul_w

IMG_20211017_180805copy.jpg.c0ac8a0b06a7029057963f156e95d69c.jpg

More photos here

As I'm going to be taking over my father's HPC BDR and need money for recommissioning it over the winter, I'm putting my faithful Sigma car up for sale. It's not the best time of year to sell, but was waiting until after our annual late summer blat around France, which is completed without a hitch.

29,000 miles
1.6 Sigma 140bhp Supersport
Lightweight flywheel
Tillets,
standard roll bar,
Adjustable platform dampers
Adjustable rear ARB
plate-type LSD
Higher first gear upgrade on rebuilt 5 speed box (great upgrade!)
heater,
full weather equipment
USB on the dash
ally rad
Green Stuff front pads
lowered floors,
black pack
lowered headlights
Toyo R888 tyres
QR Momo wheel,
starter button
Braided rear brake hose conversion
removable spare wheel (This can be taken off and returned to standard as I haven't drilled the rear panel - I only use it on longer trips and so have a strap like the early cars used and unbolt the rack the rest of the time)
Clear lenses
carbon stone, sill guards and no plate light cover

Fresh MOT - two new Toyo tyres will be fitted before sale, they were ordered before the MoT but delivery problems prevented them being fitted hence the advisory.
ULEZ compliant

Battery cut off 

It's an ex-Academy Sigma from 2010, and one of the ARs had it reskinned by Arch after its racing was done. I bought it in June 2018 with a full cage and one seat, and converted it to be more road-friendly. I fitted a second new Tillet, a standard bar and new A-frame and driveshafts shortly after getting it, and in July 2020 S&C upgraded it to 140bhp Supersport spec - cams, light flywheel, mech tensioner, new airbox - and did full geo on it and put on a set of Toyos. The gearbox was rebuilt with the higher first gear, and a low-mileage diff with a ZF LSD was checked and set up, both by R&R. The diff still has some whine at 40-50 on light throttle but from what I understand it is rare that cars of this age with the Ford diff are much better. It's now great to drive, the rear ARB allows you to tune between over and understeer tendencies as you wish. I've only done two track days in it but it kept up with a few more powerful cars and was really forgiving to drive, so it's a great all-rounder.

I recently replaced the nose cone and both rear wings with Caterham parts. The front wings have some small star cracks and crazing. There's a small tear in the centre tunnel cover and the heated screen isn't connected and I don't know if it works. There are some small stone chips in the screen, but they've got through the last couple of MoTs without a problem.

UPDATE (4/6/23) - This was SORNed over the winter and I'm now putting it up for auction with Car and Classic, so have edited to reflect improvements I've made since I put the ad up.

Well spotted Andrew, thanks for that, I've added it now.

I know it's a really long post, but I think if advertising it in the club it's best to be thorough and honest about any weak points. It's a great car though and I'm sad to have to sell it, but the chance to have the BDR is too good to miss - Dad has owned it since new and I've a lot of fond memories.