WightBlat 2023: April 21-24

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
SiCrad
SiCrad's picture
WightBlat 2023: April 21-24

I am typing this with Alex (he's ex-BBC dontcha know) dictating it to me as he hates my well constructed and conversational email, so I apologise in advance for the poor grammar and lack of logical thought...

"Here are the salient points...

"Firstly, the dates, all important! These are Friday the 21st of April through to Monday the 24th. This apparently is 'Motown Weekend' whatever that may entail.

"We are returning to Norton Grange in Yarmouth since they looked after us very well last time.

"Now, the chalet rates.

"There are about 60 chalets currently free made up of various configurations. [I am removing the prices as they are varying - see post on page 2 for an update].  All prices are for two people sharing for three nights including breakfast and dinner and the ferry crossing.

"If you are travelling alone, there is a single occupancy rate - please call the camp to discuss this.

"When booking, please make it clear that you are booking for the "Caterham 7 Weekend". They will note this on the system so that we can keep a track on numbers.

"Also, after booking, you will receive an email regarding meal times. This year they will hopefully be accommodating us on 3 or 4 large tables so can I suggest that evening meals are booked for between 19:15 and 20:00 (this prevents the system overloading if we all book at 19:30 for example). Nearer the time we will endeavour to ensure that we are all eating together.

"Now! Ferries! Also quite important. When you phone to book, you will be asked to choose your ferry departure point ie. Portsmouth or Lymington, and time of travel. They only work with WightLink so unfortunately Southampton to East Cowes is not bookable through the camp (and therefore not discounted).

"01983 760323 is the number for the camp where you can select the option for reservations and make your booking."

"It goes without saying that my team is already working hard on the itinerary, I'm off for a cocktail"

He certainly is a joker but as ever we both, along with Lou, Dizz and Hillary, look forward to seeing you back in the West Wight in five months time!

We have something planned that is on a par with Waltzing Waters. It genuinely excites us both that we have managed to find a genuinely odd attraction to take you all to! 

PS - added 21/11 - Norton Grange has phone Alex to ask him to let you all know that there is a chance that prices of rooms may change from those quoted above - basically the fuller the venue gets the more they charge for the remaining spaces. Passing this on just in case you do get a different price quoted when you call. Simon

Peter G

Marvellous. Lizzy, Effin and I are looking forward to it already.

Thanks chaps and chapesses.

AristoCat
AristoCat's picture

Really sorry - but we can't make it this time round, and we were so looking forward to it too (and I'm not being sardonic either).

Peter G

Just because it was your turn as caretaker of Effin!

DerekH
DerekH's picture

Hi Simon.

We are booked! Looking forward to it.

Derek & Carol Hillyard

nic.day
nic.day's picture

As I am away working, tracey is going to book - Derek what ferry did you book?

No idea what to write here??!!!

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

Mate, I'm gutted, but the dates crash into the back of that thing that Lou knows all about!

Especially gutted as I've just turned up the 'volume' on the TVR and was looking forward to waking everyone up at Norton Grange. Rofl

Anyway, have an absolute blast and we'll see you in the meantime Thumb Up

DerekH
DerekH's picture

Nic, 

14:00 Lymington is requested.

Derek

Q Catcher

Apparently, today (Monday) is check-in and check-out day, so they're not taking bookings today ...

SiCrad
SiCrad's picture

Please note the PostScript I have added to the original post above: a message from the Norton Grange folks about possible price changes from the rates we've been quoted. Just so you have it all. Cheers. Simon

Stuck between the Devil and the blue skies yonder

BBL
BBL's picture

A standard chalet is £483

a standard patio chalet is £528

a premier chalet is £488

I expect that last one may have been intended to read £588?

Smile Sean