The Taffia Fish & Chip Run is back – on Saturday 18th September 2021

156 posts / 0 new
Last post
mph
mph's picture

I found this 2019 route in MyRouteApp. If you click on the "Use Route" button it'll save to your own routes, which can then be brought up in the SatNav app. Subscribing to that is 2.95 Euro a month, which you could always cancel straight after Whistle (this is my strategy Rofl )

Toughie
Toughie's picture

It's free for Club members, though you can upgrade to Gold if you wish, but you can still download routes on the free membership.

Alan

Commercial Lead

Ballast-ic
Ballast-ic's picture

here is a download for the Google Maps KML file for last year's run. I believe the route is the same this year:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VolnKEJK12-zMew19MjcuPtyfzfBlyL0/view?usp=sharing

MarkD
MarkD's picture

Hi re #84 download,how do you access the route from Google Maps once you have downloaded it from myroute, I cant seem to find an option to do that?

CtrMint
CtrMint's picture

ditto, I got stuck there too.

Caterham 420R S3 Lotus Toxic Green,  Caterham 620R S3 Exocet Red. Blog: https://www.caterham7diaries.com
Ballast-ic
Ballast-ic's picture

You need to go to Google My Maps (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/about/mymaps/) and then:

Open Google My Maps.
Create a new map.
Press import into the upper left corner.
Now open the KML file. Or drag the KML file into the import window.

SM25T
SM25T's picture

Tried that. This gets me this screen.... 

Steve Wright

Re post #88, if I import the .kml file into Google Maps on a Macbook using the upload button, I see the route ok. The above looks like just the code, don't know what might have happened there.

A slight thread highjack coming up. We are doing the same thing for our Carrotland PCR150 using the Club's MyRouteApp package..

Previous posts here re MRA have been really helpful and I've just watched the really useful help video.

Need to know thoughts on using iPhone as a Satnav. Anyone know shat is the best App to use on the iPhone? Ideally without spending any money. Can I export to Apple maps or Google maps and use it to navigate on the phone?

Norfolk AR - Member since 1996

tangomikeromeo
tangomikeromeo's picture

Oh come on! A substantial part of the fun is following the road and/or caterham in front of you until you get to somewhere with a name AND a pub for you to stop and find out where the heck you are. You'll find amazing roads either way and will have one more anecdote than the rest of us afterwards. Enjoy the process not the compliance. There are no points for diligence.

I'm not sure a satnav qualifies for 'simplify' or 'add lightness'.

SM25T
SM25T's picture
I think I can do the whole route from memory ... driven it enough times now !