The Taffia Fish & Chip Run is back – on Saturday 18th September 2021

156 posts / 0 new
Last post
1360rallye
1360rallye's picture

Epic, Simply Epic! If you own a 7 and haven’t done this then it’s a must”.  

After a two-year enforced break, the legendary Taffia Fish & Chip Run is back, if a little later in the year than usual.  However, the Taffia have spent the time making sure the roads and views are in tip-top condition for what we believe will be the biggest and best L7C event this year.     

The Fish & Chip Run route takes us from Chepstow to Aberdyfi - think Abu Dhabi with a bit more rain, on the West Wales coast on Saturday 18th September. This really is a not to be missed event.  It’s probably one of the most pleasant and popular days out for Se7eners from all across the land. 

2019 saw over 100 cars leave Chepstow and turn up on Aberdyfi Promenade for fish and chips in the blazing sun. For those that have done it before, you know all about this fantastic blat, so please spread the word.

As with all the Taffia days out, we have a casual start with coffee & bacon or sausage butties served from around 08.30am at our very friendly Pub - The Piercefield Inn on the A466 near Chepstow race course.

We plan to leave the Piercefield at about 10.00am - in no particular order, but not all at once, to avoid a large traffic jam of sevens cluttering the towns & villages & frightening the sheep!

The usual excitement with some of the finest roads Wales has to offer has been mixed into the 280-mile round trip, taking in some old favourites such as the Top Gear Black mountain test road, the Epynt ranges, the Beula rollercoaster and the Staylittle pass across the rooftop of Wales.

After this spectacular scenery and tarmac heaven, we hit the prom at about 12.30pm to see the sights, have a chat & breathe in the salty atmosphere before filling ourselves with the local produce. 

It’s up to you how long you spend on the sea front before meandering back to the Piercefield to reflect on the fun of the day and have cheeky half amongst old and new friends from around 4:00pm. You can even have a bite to eat if the fish & chips didn't fill you up!!

A route book with full written road directions and some suggested fuel stops will be available at the pub in the morning.  We also plan to make the route available as a download from the clubs Blatmaps section to use on your sat nav. There are no fixed drive times, go with the flow at your own pace & try not to get lost.

The best bit is its all completely free, no booking, no pre-registration, just roll up at the pub, sign on with your membership number and leave with a grin. The start point is, The Piercefield Inn, Chepstow, NP16 6EJ.

PLUS: This year, if you’re travelling far to join us, we’re also offering the opportunity to overnight on Friday and/or Saturday at our very own free (to L7C members) ‘pop up’ campsite in a lovely rural location just a few miles from the start in Chepstow.  This 7 exclusive site is in a field belonging to a Taffia member and will have toilets and a shower. Please contact me if you’re interested in this option.  

Thumb Up We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 18th September 2021

Andrew Wiggins

SM25T
SM25T's picture
In the diary and accommodation booked.
Blackmamba
Blackmamba's picture

Great work, looking orward to this.

David White
David White's picture

Accommodation booked - luckily the B&B held carried over our reservation from last year!  Looking forward to the first of many Taffia runs.

See my journey to a Seven life at cat310s.wordpress.com

tim holyoake
tim holyoake's picture

Looking forward to it - hopefully 3rd time lucky having had to drop out the first two times I've tried to join the run!

Tim.

Mrb00ns
Mrb00ns's picture

Can't wait for this! Car should be back from Premier Power about a week or so before - nice chance to give it a run out with some extra ponies!

SM25T
SM25T's picture
More sheep than ponies.
tangomikeromeo
tangomikeromeo's picture

Nah. We rarely flock in a coordinated manner. I remember the cross roads in Brecon (IIRC) being sure I was off the route and had Caterhams looking equally lost at the other three points. 

But best Blat of the year by far. See you there!

nic.day
nic.day's picture

Looks like I will able to come this year - and to top it off the boss is coming with me. So my question, is there a nice hotel close ish for the Friday / Saturday night?? looking for recommendations and suggestions.

I get my nice drive and she may get a spa treat!!!!!

No idea what to write here??!!!

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Sounds like a good event ,not done it ,but did pie and mash run to whitby which was good event ,,,but think it has been dropped  

derek

oldboarder

Celtic Manor near Newport was OK  when I stayed there some time ago.

Martyn