Silverstone Festival (Classic) 2023

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
7 wonders of th...
Silverstone Festival (Classic) 2023

Just received an email that the tickets go sale on Dec 1st

Do we have a club discount deal with them this time...?

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

More than likely we will have to wait a little while for the club discount to be announced. But probably before the New Year.

Lets hope that when the club ticket details are made available that the event is advertised far more generally & continuously with easy obvious access to the info & purchase code.

Unlike last year when one had to struggle to find any info at all as it was lost in Blat Chat when first advertised. No wonder there were so few cars in attendance over the three days this year.

Northantsbedsbu...
Northantsbedsbucks AR's picture

You will see the announcement regards the 2023 Silverstone Festival on the News Feed together with an update posted tonight providing the club discount codes.

As you can see, there is confusion from the organisers over the dates when tickets and packages will be available, however at present it seems that general tickets will go on sale 1st December and the packages sometime later, maybe the first week of December. Despite enquires I do not not know which tickets or packages are entered in the prize draw for those purchasing in the first two days. 

I registered our club with Silverstone at the firts opportunity, posted details on Blatchat and today posted the discount codes within a couple of hours of the organisers email. 

Apparently only 25% of clubs are registered so far so their members have not been advised and will probably not be aware of the discounts until the new year.

In 2022 I worked hard to obtain details from the organisers and posted them as soon as possible in both the club website and in lowflying.

Members can take a note of the Silverstone event website and our discount codes for their later use.

The organisation takes many hours plus one day to set up and three days of my time attending.

I would appreciate helpful support.

Paul Cannon AR Northants Beds and Bucks. 

Golf Juliet Tango

Paul, you have my support. 

After all, if you haven't been sent information you can't post about it.

Perhaps patience IS a virtue, as my mother frequently told me.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Toughie
Toughie's picture

Well done, and thank you for your efforts, Paul.  I, for one, appreciate them, and doubt that I'm far from alone in that.

Alan

Simon Maitland

I agree with Stephen and Alan. Well done and thank you Paul.

Simon.

Graham Hutton
Graham Hutton's picture

Thanks for organising it Paul, and everyone at the club. I have just booked my tickets for the weekend and will be there with my car. Fingers crossed for a track parade. My son is very excited about that prospect!

Exeter, Orange 310R

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Yes, an announcement in News but no link or sticky on BC so members can find the details readily. Last year the info in a BC thread was lost to obscurity in the back pages very quickly.

Also should there should be an ad in members discounts with a link from the sticky so again the info is readily available & easy to use.

I applaud the swift taking up of the club ticket offer & from much experience I know that organisation behind the scenes starts much earlier than the actual day(s) of an event BUT without continual advertising where members can readily see the info then the capture will be poor.

Neil Bolton
Neil Bolton's picture

All booked! Sounds fun!!

7 wonders of th...

Just tried to book and the promo code doesn't work..... 

Curse