75 posts / 0 new
Last post
MTW
MTW's picture

Not much to report, removed Aeroscreen and changed back to windscreen and doors. Went for a good blat as I haven't driven the car in a few weeks. Miss the Aeroscreen already! Gave her a quick clean when I got back.

When the car was laid up while on holiday I had left the indicator on, and even though the ignition was off and the car was on a ctek it killed the battery, which I find odd! But got a new banner from redline and all is well again!

2020 420R Mint green 

MTW
MTW's picture

A few shots from Snetterton on Thursday, a great day and loads of Sevens there.

getting a lot more confidence in the car now, and learning a lot every time I go out on track with it.

the high effort brake pedal i fitted a few weeks ago made a huge difference on track, so much more progressive and a lot more feel at the bottom than the stock pedal, you can feel much better when the car is about to lock up, really impressed with the difference.

I did burn through a set of rear pads, luckily it only happened about a mile from home, the car sounded like a rusty old train coming to a stop, so I have some new pads on order and get that sorted soon!

​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

2020 420R Mint green 

Temple Cloud
Temple Cloud's picture

Great stuff. Love the colour scheme. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in it...(don't we all, no matter which model we have ?)

He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another - Leonard Cohen

MTW
MTW's picture

Managed to get some post track day maintenance done this week, I cooked the rear pads at snetterton, so I got a set of ferrodo DS2500 and fitted those.

While the wheels were off and the car was on the stands I thought I would get a few other bits done, cleaned the front calipers and ceramic coated them, ceramic coated the wheel faces and barrels, adjusted the play out of the steering rack, adjusted the brake pedal higher for better heel and toe and checked the static preload on the diff which came out at 45ftlbs which I'm happy with!

​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

2020 420R Mint green