198 posts / 0 new
Last post
MTW
MTW's picture

Yes exhaust wrapping or coating is on the list of considerations for the future.

It's not so much general heat in the footwell, just occasionally mostly on long drives then sat in traffic the toes on my right foot felt like they are burning when my foot is sat on the brake pedal, at the end of the day, it's a bit off heat wrap, I'm not tearing the car apart. It's not a big deal!

2020 420R Mint green 

MTW
MTW's picture

Since fitting the seatbelt harness bolts I'm not really happy with the finish or the spec of the bolts supplied, I have found bolts up to spec and the same length as OEM bolts, and better washers, so I might buy a few and put up kits in for sale section at some point of anyone is interested, anyone interested please message me so I can get an idea of numbers 

2020 420R Mint green 

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Thanks for the update.

I suggest putting a note in the original post.

Jonathan

MTW
MTW's picture

Yes good thinking, will do!

2020 420R Mint green 

MTW
MTW's picture

Picked up the first piece of the puzzle for the next winter/post track season project, roller barrels!

I had planned to go the jenvey ITB's route, but these were offered to me out of the blue for a bargain price, so I had to do it!

the plan now is to strip them down, have them vapour blasted then find as many new parts as I can like springs and grub screws etc, then refurbish and rebuild them whilst accruing all the other bits I need, like injectors and fair filter etc, over the next few months.

then towards the end of the summer, fit them and ship the car off to Team Leo's for mapping, I'm looking forward to the challenge!

2020 420R Mint green 

John Vine
John Vine's picture

You'll love them!  I upgraded my R400D to RBs some years ago, and have no regrets at all.  They're an improvement in all areas: acceleration, starting, idling, pick-up -- not to mention the soundtrack.

JV

MTW
MTW's picture

Ah good to hear! Can't wait to get them on!

2020 420R Mint green