14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Membership Secretary
Membership Secretary's picture
Karting Events 2022

There are two Club karting events scheduled for 2022 and booking is open!

Buckmore park, Kent - Sunday afternoon 29th May (details here)

Thruxton, Hampshire - Sunday afternoon 9th October (details here)

Both events are two hour team endurance races and we will follow the same format as our previous 2021 Thruxton event.

If you want to be part of this, you can either:

• Hire a kart for £230 (and make your own team of up to 5 people) or
  • Purchase a place on a team for £57.50 (and we will allocate you with other Club members to make a team of four)

To make a booking please go to Love Admin and make a booking in the event section. Alternatively, you can contact the Club office.

Last year a wide range of ability of drivers took part - we had some very fast racers and also novices. It’s suitable for anyone over 16 but heed that it is a fairly demanding couple of hours!

All the best, and perhaps see you there,

Simon

click here for a short video about the history of Buckmore Park and the circuit.

Mrb00ns
Mrb00ns's picture

The Thruxton event was brilliant fun last year. Nice to see somewhere a bit closer to home for me with Buckmore Park this year (which is an excellent circuit) - booked and looking forward to it!!

Membership Secretary

Yes me too! Thumb Up

Simon Houghton

Membership Secretary

(Also posts as 700newtons)

Stephen Long
Stephen Long's picture
Having had to withdraw last year its great to be back on the list for 2022 . Thank you for organising these events. Longy
Membership Secretary

I'd thought I'd bump this into view again!

If you want to get a team together, then now is the time to think about it and make a booking. (Teams of three or four ideal).

Regards

Simon

(See a YouTube video of an endurance race at Buckmore here)

Simon Houghton

Membership Secretary

BrettJ

I've signed up for Buckmore Park, it will be the first time going there. Should be fun Woohoo

Membership Secretary

Great - looking forward to it Thumb Up

Simon

Simon Houghton

Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

We have 12 teams signed up for karting at Buckmore Park, in Kent, on the 29th May and one 'scatch team'.

If you fancy getting a group of friends together for some endurance karting then there is space for more. It is quite fast and demanding but previous experience is not needed - it is all explained at the briefing. Its also a lot of fun.

Simon

Simon Houghton

Membership Secretary

BenF
BenF's picture

Any chance of a karting event for members north of London (e.g. Home Counties and Midlands?)

I'd definitely be up for a event at Daytona Milton Keynes or Whilton Mill - would be happy to help with the organisation if need be.

Membership Secretary

Hello Ben,

Yes, I was very conscious that both karting events were down south. I'm just based down here.

I'll send you a pm. We should be able to get something on the calandar next year (or even this year) if there is enough interest. Most of the organisation can be done by our Club Admin team.

I did the club sprint at Three Sisters circuit last year - that looked a good venue. I don't know the others but it sounds like there might be some good options.

cheers

Simon

Simon Houghton

Membership Secretary

JimmyRocks
JimmyRocks's picture

Hi Simon

I'd like to second Ben's suggestion. I'm in Staffordshire, so Buckmore and Thruxton are a long way away for me. 

James