12 posts / 0 new
Last post
blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture
Elan M100 tyre choice

Morning all, Fran's Elan (FWD) needs a couple of new tyres, the current ones are Avon ZV3, 205/50 R15 (no speed rating oddly), any suggestions?

Ta.

pugwash
pugwash's picture

My M100 Elan has Toyo Proxes on it.  They were on there when I bought it. 

blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture

They any good?  The Avons have been great.

pugwash
pugwash's picture

They seem ok but I have only used the car on the road so not really stretched them.  It seems to rain most times when I want to use that car and I haven't had any issues with grip that way.  Perhaps post the same question over on LEC as there are some enthusiastic M100 drivers on there.

blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture

Good shout though it's such a long time since I've used it I've forgotten logins.

blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture

Their website's all cockeyed at the moment but looked on the forum, looks like Yoko advan Fleva V701 are the choice, £100 a pop from Black Circles.

Clive Dabinett
Clive Dabinett's picture

Nankang NS2r ?

pugwash
pugwash's picture

Good call.  I have Yoko Advan Neova on my Elise for all round use which I think are similar and they seem pretty good.  When the Toyos on the M100 need replacing I would certainly consider the Yoko option.

pugwash
pugwash's picture

I think you are local to me.  Have you tried Adams and Page for a quote. They have always been competitive for me.

blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture

Been in the Wycombe area for nigh on 50 years and never even new they were there, I'll give them a shout, I'd sooner spend the money with a local firm rather than a faceless internet outfit.  Probably stick with the Yokohama's, had some 001's on the previous seven and they were the business.

john aston
john aston's picture

Adams and Page have been long term sponsors of CSCC racing series and are usually in attendance as a supplier at race meetings . I think it's safe to assume their expertise will exceed that of the usual high street suspects.