Caterham® reintroduce its heritage range with launch of two new models: Super Seven 600 and Super Seven 2000

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Golf Juliet Tango

While the exact colours don't appeal to me, I think Caterham Cars are right to make sure the Seven has multiple guises. As they are all handmade variation isn't difficult although it may affect the spares as the stock-holding will have to broaden and thus require space and capital.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

ScottR400 - Will anyone else ?!

Although Caterham appear to distance themselves from LOTUS ? Surely this heritage revival is bringing the Caterham 7 nearer & nearer to its roots as a LOTUS 7 in appearance, better built, more reliable but megga expensive.

Next thing we know the nose badge will be a 'heritage' version which looks loosely like the LOTUS badge. Or is it already ?

ScottR400D

ScottR400 - Will anyone else ?! Does that matter? 

Surely this heritage revival is bringing the Caterham 7 nearer & nearer to its roots as a LOTUS 7 in appearance, better built, more reliable but megga expensive.

Yes. Another thing that will be lapped up in Japan.

IMO  

L7C
GulfSeven
GulfSeven's picture

I thought the black Caterham badge was supposed to look just like the black Lotus badge, just with the rounded triangle the other way up?

Tim.

Gulf Racing 310R

Gridgway
Gridgway's picture

I'm with #26 Nick.  What an abomination.  Words fail me.  I literally don't know where to start.

Bristol and Bath AR
Bristol and Bath AR's picture

Looking forward to seeing them 'in the flesh' so to speak on the 1 Oct so as to form a view then. I'm a child of the 70's so totally get what they are trying to do...

john aston
john aston's picture

Sevens like this are  nothing new - I remember - just - the special Twin Cam Lotus made in 1969 ish. TJG 1 G or something similar? It looked like a tart's boudoir in metallic maroon with white leather interior . Sevens are a broad church and some will love these iterations .  

Clive Dabinett
Clive Dabinett's picture

Remember the  Harrods Caterham

TANGO7
TANGO7's picture

#38 John,

I think it was TNG7G. Interesting this car is shown on the DVLA Website as being Taxed, no MoT (although will be exempt), however last MoT only expired in January 2021. Seem to recall it may have been fitted with a Holbay 1600.

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

TNG 7 G

Jonathan