Caterham® reintroduce its heritage range with launch of two new models: Super Seven 600 and Super Seven 2000

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
7 wonders of th...

What bloody awful colours..... what next a reintroduction of the S4.....

The 60's retro colours worked beautifully on previous models especially on the steel wheeled Suzuki - arguably one of the prettiest 7's ever made so what the hell were thinking (fake ?) walnut Vanden Plas dash painted in Cortina Roman Bronze.

They have managed to make a truly timeless design look ridiculous.

Come on CC you can do MUCH better than this

gin-fizz-whizz

Did I read that right? Duratec 360 power on 14" rims with ZT7s . . . . scary!

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

Skinny tyres was the best upgrade I ever did to my car. Who wants to drive around corners on rails.

1.6K Roadsport SV

TANGO7
TANGO7's picture

Not for me.

Personally the appeal of the Seven has been in its individual character and innovation.

If Caterham envisage the way forward for "The Brand" is to produce "retro look" cars based on an interpretation of some nebulous period in the past, appealing to a niche market, then I fear they will become a parody of themselves and potentially disappear up their own exhaust pipe. 

Nick Bassett
Nick Bassett's picture

No, just no... Redcard

Bolter, bolter, full power...

Superlight R # 81

Instagram: superlight_r_81

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

The point of these variants is to show that you can ask for anything, any colours, any trim and you can create a car which reflects your own individual character. It would be rather dull if we all drove cars which looked exactly the same. Even if to a non club member all our cars do look exactly the same Wink

1.6K Roadsport SV

Skorn

I think the duratec one looks lovely. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some of the interior bits to upgrade my K series SV...

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Caterham must be getting very short on model ideas as well as colours. Brown ! And ZT 7 on a Duratec car.

Nooooo Yikes

simon_h
simon_h's picture

Dont know why anyone on here is worried. Its rare that the cars are aimed at the existing owners as they rarely change them anyway! ZT7 tyres are standard fit if you look at the normal 360 car, and the wood effect dash is just from the signature range stuff thats been available for ages. Lots of negativity as usual.

ScottR400D

I think the Japanese will love them. 

L7C