Carrotland (Norfolk and Suffolk) PCR150 - Charity run for Prostate Cancer Research 22nd May

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steve Wright
Steve Wright's picture
Carrotland (Norfolk and Suffolk) PCR150 - Charity run for Prostate Cancer Research 22nd May

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING CATERING FOR THIS EVENT

We regret that The Railway Tavern and Elveden Inn have both withdrawn our bookings. This is largely due to our inability to give reasonably accurate numbers. Regrettably we have only had a handful of folk who said that they wish to eat. Thank you to those few who had kindly responded.

Therefore the plan is as follows:

• The route remains unaltered
  • Meet at Poringland Community Centre as planned. It will be open for access to the toilets
  • There are plenty of places en-route to pick up a bite to eat or a drink. The key stopping point is Southwold Pier
  • On arrival at the Elveden Inn, park up at the back of the car park in a row for a photo shoot
  • The Inn should be able to provide a drink and crisps/nuts from the bar. It has a large garden with tables and chairs

We are really sorry that we were not able to reserve an area for formal dining, but hope to see you all on Sunday.

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE CARROTLAND BIG BLAT FOR CANCER RESEARCH IS BACK ON.

Event number:  126486 - Open to all Club members.

Originally scheduled for September last year, but postponed due to the fuel crisis. It will now take place on Sunday 22nd May 2022. No need to book, just turn up on the day.

Start point: Meet at Poringland Community Centre NR14 7WB from 09:30am onward, toilets will be available here. Coffee, breakfast and toilets are available nearby at the Railway Tavern NR14 7AB, breakfast is served there from 9am. 

We will leave Poringland from 10am onward, travelling in small groups. The route travels through villages that spell out the word PROSTATE. It is approximately 150 miles long, a figure roughly equal to the number of men diagnosed every day in the UK. It takes us through Poringland, Ranworth, Oulton Broad, Southwold, Thorpeness, Ashbocking, Thetford and ends at the Elveden Inn IP24 3TP. The route is now published on the Club Website: 

https://www.caterhamlotus7.club/forum/blattour/carrotland-pcr-route

N.B. This is a charity event and people are free to plot their own route through the given way points.

End Point: We should arrive at the Elveden Inn around 3pm. We have secured a defined area for eating, and the bar will be open for drinks.

Donations: The suggested donation is £20 per car. In exchange, a wrist band and car sticker will be given during sign-on at the start. If possible please donate before setting off on the Just Giving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/carrotland

Use Gift Aid wherever possible to maximise the value of the donation to the charity. Alternatively, cash can be collected at the start during sign-on. Many thanks to those who have already donated.

Please let us know if you are likely to take Breakfast at the Railway Tavern or a meal at the Elveden Inn. We need to give the venues a rough idea of numbers. Many thanks.

Sincere thanks are owed to our Tony Leigh for suggesting, and for organising, this event.

Any questions, just ask.

Kingsley Young, Suffolk Area Representative

Steve Wright, Norfolk Area Representative

Email:   carrotland@caterhamlotus7.club

Golf Juliet Tango

I hope it goes well and you are blessed with a rainless day.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Markiebabes
Markiebabes's picture

I may try to join.

I'm now "New to Norfolk"and looking for decent blat routes Thumbup

R400 Superlight Full Cage Nitrons Aero "Happiness Is A Way Of Life Not A Destination" 

Steve Wright
Steve Wright's picture

Hope to see you there Markiebabes. Any questions, just ask.

P.S. We are meeting at the Scole Inn on Monday evening if you can make it.

Norfolk AR - Member since 1996

Markiebabes
Markiebabes's picture

Thanks Steve.

Looking forward to get out blatting again soon ! 

Can't get over Monday unfortunately. 

Camper now sadly sold. 

Cheers

Mark 

R400 Superlight Full Cage Nitrons Aero "Happiness Is A Way Of Life Not A Destination" 

Jon - BRG

Hi Steve and Kingsley 

I am a new member and new to caterham ownership. I plan to attend PCR event  if at all possible . Was hoping to attend on Monday but work prevents it :-( 

I am not technically gifted so was wondering if you have any recommendations for maintenance in the Woodbridge area 

Jon 

Jon - BRG

Hi Steve and Kingsley 

I am a new member and new to caterham ownership. I plan to attend PCR event  if at all possible . Was hoping to attend on Monday but work prevents it :-( 

I am not technically gifted so was wondering if you have any recommendations for maintenance in the Woodbridge area 

Jon 

Steve Wright
Steve Wright's picture

Hi Jon. 

Welcome to the patch, we look forward to meeting up.

Glad you can make the PCR150 and sorry about the Monday evening meetings, it's really difficult to find a time that suits everybody.

Regarding servicing, many of us take our cars to Luke Stevens, Team LEOS, near Newmarket. I don't know of anyone in the Woodbridge or Ipswich area off the top of my head, but will ask around and let you know.

There is always Krazy Horse, the Caterham Agent at Bury St Edmunds if that's not too far.

Hope to meet up soon, stay in touch.

Steve

Steve Wright
Steve Wright's picture

Hi Folks, just a quick update.

If you are thinking of having breakfast at the Railway Tavern or food at the Elveden Inn, could you let us know?

Email carrotland@caterhamlotus7.club

No commitment, but we need to give the venues an idea of likely numbers.

Many thanks.

Steve Wright
Steve Wright's picture

A crafty back to the top, less than two weeks to go now! Yes

If you are thinking of having breakfast at the Railway Tavern or food at the Elveden Inn, could you let us know?

Email carrotland@caterhamlotus7.club

No commitment, but we need to give the venues an idea of likely numbers.

Many thanks.

alan c

We are thinking of coming across to this..any recommendations of where to stay locally on the Saturday night close to the start?thanks in advance, Alan.