Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Severn7s (Bristol and Bath) Prostate 150 Blat 12 June 2022

Bristol and Bath AR

The above will take place on Sunday 12 June 2022 - there is no need to book, just turn up on the day but participants must sign on at the start. The event is in support of the club’s Prostate Cancer Research Charity but it is also in memory of our previous AR, Brian Hall – I’ve called it ‘Brains Blat’ in his honour. 

Start point for the all-important signing on with your club number will be Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4SY at 8:30am (exact address on final roadbook) and we will then follow a route as follows: Pucklechurch - Rodborough Common – Oakridge – Stow on the Wold – Toddington - Ashton Ingham – Tutshill - Elberton

For those who wish, we then finish at the usual Severn7s meeting point of The Boars Head, Main Road, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4AX

The route will take you on a carefully curated mix of fast A roads and more technical B roads (with a small section of lane and town driving) north into the Cotswolds, before turning west across the Severn Valley and then south through the Forest of Dean and back east over the old Severn Bridge to complete the full 150-mile loop. My thanks go to Chris Bates and Gerry Ralph for their assistance in plotting the route. 

A provisional roadbook and GPS route file are available - just email me for the links.(Please note both are provisional at this stage pending a final recce and check a week or two before for any road closures etc. I will aim to issue final versions 10 days before the event).

Donations: The suggested donation is a minimum of £10 per car. In exchange, a PCR wrist band or car sticker will be given during sign-on at the start (while stocks last!) or for a larger donation there is a PCR ‘buff’ available. If possible, please donate before setting off on the Just Giving page and indicate the donation is for the Severn7s blat:

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/7club

Use Gift Aid wherever possible to maximise the value of the donation to the charity. Alternatively, cash can be collected at the start during sign-on. 

Any questions, just ask. Whilst it is ok to turn up on the day, if you can give me an indication of likely numbers coming that would help. 

Jon Symons – Severn7s Area Rep

07515 050 672

bristolandbath@caterhamlotus7.club