2022 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

260 posts / 0 new
Last post
john aston
john aston's picture

I can recommend 'The Mechanic's Gallon ' series of podcasts , interviews with mechanics from 60s to 90s. 

rgrigsby

So Haas are first out of the blocks with their 2022 car, at first glance it looks a LOT like the official dummy car from last year but seemingly it isn't, there is a good article from Gary Anderson here covering the differences.

I really hope we don't end up with a load of identikit cars this year but I have a bad feeling a lot of them are going to look very similar given the tight control over the design.

In other news, The Race has run quite a few articles on the under the skin changes that are happening this year that make for interesting reading. It really does seem this is one of the most significant changes in Formula 1 for a long time.

Budjuggler
Budjuggler's picture

Lewis has come out of hibernation!

Brewery piss-up organiser

rgrigsby

So the first actual F1 2022 car is out and about, Aston Martin have launched and then shaken down their car at Silverstone today. Interesting to see something other than the Formula 1 mock up in a different paint job, there are definitely significant differences.

Overall I think it looks pretty good, so much cleaner than the 2021 cars. The only odd bit is how high of the ground the front wing is, it looks really strange compared with last year but I guess that's all part of the new package.

Some slightly dodgy footage from Silverstone is available here

There is an official Astom Martin video floating around as well but it is a lot shorter.

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

Cheers for that link Rob Thumb Up

john aston
john aston's picture

Sadly the footage has been taken down because of some silly copyright nonsense . 

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

I thought all that nonsense disappeared with Bernie's departure. Maybe it's just because it's a sensitive time with the launch of such 'new' cars. Still, bit like closing the stable door, because you can bet your bippy that every other team snaffled a copy of it before it disappeared.

BMS7
BMS7's picture

Interesting comparison of AM car and Haas on F1 site. Very different interpretations of new rules. 
im also looking forward to the Melb race. Usually a procession with little passing but several corners have been opened up and expectations are for more passing and a reduced lap time. 
Roll on.

Bruce

wild bill
wild bill's picture

Slightly OT but does anyone know if  this years WDC been chosen yet? 

Roger King
Roger King's picture

Rofl